It is Baseball Season... Finally

It is Baseball Season... Finally

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Damned Yankees

I went to school today like most Mets fans, ecstatic and enthusiastic. I left baseball practice and came into an empty house and saw the papers on the table and picked up the New York Post see Johan Santana or Danny Murphy dwarfing the Yankees headlines on the back page. What I found instead horrified me. Alright horrified is a bit extreme even for me, but it still upset me. Even though the Mets won their Opening Day game, and the Yankees lost, the Post still put C.C. Sabathia on the cover. Okay sure, I know Yankee fans are more than upset that such an investment as C.C. got rocked in his first game as a Yankee, but give me a break. The Mets got a save for goodness sake; something that became a bit of an issue last year. Put Frankie Rodriguez on the cover with something like, "Finally", or "Save Some for Later". Whoever is in charge of back page headlines, take your Yankee jersey off and get a little respect for the boys from Flushing.

No comments: