It is Baseball Season... Finally

It is Baseball Season... Finally

Friday, April 3, 2009

Bad Luck

I am still teary-eyed after Notre Dame lost the NIT semi-final to Penn State. I haven't been to the Garden in a long time and I probably won't see as many white shirts in one place ever again. As the Baylor game came to a close, I noticed that Leprechaun Legion had not shown up, which I was especially angry about because they were half the reason I went to the game. But Baylor left the court and a chant started to echo throughout the legendary arena, and it was not "Let's go Irish". "We are... Penn State!" rang through my ears more intensely than anything I had ever heard in my life. I guess it was more frustrating for me because no one in the stands was as enthusiastic for the Irish as I was, and Penn State crazies drowned me out like a row boat in a hurricane. The Penn State crazies simply came to play, and Leprechaun Legion had not. Where were you guys! We needed you! I guess I'll hope to see you next year at the Big East Tournament or if they play Seton Hall, or some other local team. And good luck to A.J. Pollock and the baseball team. You don't come to Jersey this year, but I am sure that you will go far in the NCAA tournament, hopefully I will have to blog soon about Omaha.

No comments: